Terms & conditions
1. Welcome to the website of thecallsheet.co.uk limited (“Website”), a company registered in England and Wales (company number 7469655) who is the owner and operator of www.thecallsheet.co.uk These terms and conditions (the "Terms") apply to your use of this Website. References to “we”, “us”, “our” or the “Website” are references to The Call Sheet, our subsidiaries, successors, assigns, licensees and affiliates. Reference to users means all individuals and entities using this Website and providing or using or offering Services (as defined below) or participating in the forums and blogs or providing information for the benefit and use of other users.
2. This Website is a platform for individuals, production companies, facilities companies, recruiters and other entities associated with television and film production to enable them to source, offer, supply and respond to opportunities within the film and television industry and comprises of various sections offering services that may change from time to timeincluding specific job advertisements, jobs board, profiles, show-reels, an open forum, a directory, a glossary, industry news and information and project listings (“Services”).
3. These Terms apply to all users of this Website, including those who contribute content, information or other materials or provide or offer Services. We may modify these Terms at any time without notice to you by posting revised Terms on this Website. If you do not agree to our Terms please EXIT THIS WEBSITE IMMEDIATELY. If you are unclear about or do not understand the Terms you must refrain from using this Website and any Services provided on this Website.
5. Although we make every effort to verify the accuracy of the information supplied by users in respect of the Services wedo not guarantee and we are not liable in any way for the accuracy, the integrity, or the quality of any of such information at any time nor are we able to guarantee the purported identity of users or the validity of the information which users post.
6. In addition we are not responsible and do not take responsibility in any way whatsoever for the content, subject, opinion, interpretation and style of postings by users in the open forums and blogs. We do not accept any liability for monitoring this Website or for unauthorised or unlawful content on this Website or the use of this Website by users.
7. You may personally find some postings offensive, controversial or objectionable or consider some content inaccurate. We will not take any direct or indirect action in this respect unless there has been a clear breach of these Terms.However in order to provide a clean and secure Website we have the right, but not the obligation, to take any of the following actions at our sole discretion at any time and for any reason without prior notice:
1. Restrict, suspend, or terminate a users access to all or any part of the Services;
2. Change, suspend, or discontinue all or any part of the Services;
3. Refuse, move, or remove any content;
4. Deactivate or delete a users account and all related information and files in a users account; or
5. Establish introduce and/or change general practices and limits concerning use of this Website.
8. You acknowledge and agree that we will not be liable to you or any user for taking any of the above actions.
Intellectual Property and Database
10. The content, design, and get up of this Website (including our trade name “thecallsheet”) may not be copied, reproduced, distributed, republished, downloaded, displayed, posted or transmitted in any form or by any means without our prior written consent, except as stated in these Terms. You may print or download the visible text of an individual page for private and personal non-commercial use only, however you may not reproduce any other part of this Website, including but not limited to the structure, overall style and program code and you may not link this Website to any other website without our express permission.
11. All other trademarks, logos, brand names, products, company names, graphics, designs, copyright, and all other intellectual property (“Protected Rights”) displayed on this Website are the protected property of their respective owners. You will need the direct prior written consent of the owners if you wish to reproduce or use Protected Rights for anything other than private non-commercial use.
12. You are solely responsible for any visual, written, audio, or audio visual materials (including for the avoidance of show-reels and blogs) (“Materials”) that you upload, post, e-mail, transmit, or otherwise make available for posting or transmission on this Website and you warrant and undertake that the Materials or any of them are not obscene and/or defamatory and do not infringe any third party intellectual property rights.
13. This Website and all the information contained on it may not be used to construct a database of any kind. You cannot store this Website in its entirety or any part of it in databases for access by you or other users or any other third party or distribute any database websites that may contain all or part of this Website.
14. We strongly suggest you exert caution when providing any personally identifiable or sensitive information. We shall not be obliged to treat any information submitted to us or uploaded by you onto this Website in any manner or form as confidential.
15. In respect of Materials all copyright will remain with therespective owners and we claim no rights of ownership whatsoever (subject to the rights accorded to us under these Terms).
16. If you are a rights-owner and you believe that any of your intellectual property rights or other rights have been infringed by any material made available on this Website or you believe that there is material on this Website that is defamatory of you and you want us to remove such material or to suspend or disable access to it, please notify us as soon as possible with details of any such alleged infringement or defamatory comment at the following email address:
Please include the following information:
a. a description of the material or rights that have been infringed or are defamatory and are to be removed or disabled;
b. a statement signed by you that you believe in good faith that such material has been used on this Website without your authorization and that you are the rights owner, and/or
c. the comment or statement you believe is defamatory, and
d. your contact details
Your Use of Information
17. By accepting these Terms, you acknowledge and agree that you cannot use any user personal information for: (i) unsolicited commercial messages, (ii) any purpose other than that for which the information is intended. In addition, you can only use such information in accordance with applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation data protection and privacy laws. In all cases, you must give users an opportunity to remove themselves from your database and a chance to review the information you have collected about them.
18. You cannot add any user to your mail list (email or physical mail) or database without their express written consent after adequate disclosure.
19. In order to access some features of this Website, you will be required to register and create an account. When registering you must provide truthful, accurate and complete information.
20. Individual registrants must be over the age of 18 and established professionals within the film and television industry. We reserve the right to accord individual registrants with “newcomer” or “professional” status or decline registration based on the information each user provides. All information submitted for use on each registrants profile page must be truthful and accurate and credits must be genuine. We reserve the right to immediately remove any registrant who deliberately provides false information or remove inaccurate credits.
21. “Limited” company listings may be checked at Companies House for verification of trading status.
22. We accept no responsibility for inaccuracies in postings, false statements, competency of crew, inaccurate job specifications, salary quotations, quality of facilities/services or company details as posted on this Website.
23. It is your sole responsibility to maintain and keep confidential and secure details of your account and password and to restrict access to your computer. You must notify us immediately of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your account. We will not be liable for your losses caused by any unauthorized use of your account and you may be liable for our losses or the losses of others due to unauthorised use.
24. The technology and the software underlying the Website is our property or subject to licence. You agree not to copy, modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, assign, distribute, reverse engineer, grant a security interest in, or otherwise transfer any right to the technology or software underlying this Website in any manner or form or to use modified versions of the software. Without limiting the foregoing, you agree that you will not use this Website to take any of the following actions:
1. Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten, or otherwise infringe the legal right of users;
2. Publish, post, upload, e-mail, distribute, or disseminate (collectively, "Transmit") any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent, or unlawful content;
3. Transmit files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage or adversely affect the operation of this Website and our software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment or interfere with or disrupt this Website, our servers, or networks;
4. Transmit surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, spam, unsolicited advertising or promotional materials, or chain letters;
5. Impersonate any person or entity, including or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
6. Forge headers or manipulate identifiers or other data in order to disguise the origin of any content transmitted through this Website or to manipulate your presence on this Website;
7. Take any action that imposes an unreasonably or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure;
8. Engage in any illegal activities.
9. Do or cause others to do any act that will bring us into disrepute.
25. You agree to use our forums, communities and/or message or communication facilities only to send and receive messages and material that are proper and related to that particular forum.
26. Use of this Website and its content is at your own risk. We are not liable to you or any user for any loss or damage suffered as a result of any use of this Website, including but not limited to direct loss, indirect or consequential loss, and loss of profit, howsoever caused (whether arising out of any negligence or breach of these Terms or otherwise), but not including death or personal injury resulting from our negligence.
27. We accept no responsibility for the content of any advertising material, and individual advertisers are solely responsible for the content of material which is submitted to us, including compliance with any applicable national or international standards, codes of conduct and legislation.
28. You agree to indemnify us against all liabilities, costs (including reasonable legal costs), actions, damages, claims and expenses that may arise from any breach of these Terms by you or your use of this Website. We reserve the right at our own expense to assume the exclusive defence of any matter subject to indemnification by you and as such you agree to co-operate with our defence of any such claim.
29. Although we take reasonable precautions, we make no warranty that this Website (or any website which is linked to it) is free from computer viruses or any other malicious or impairing computer programmes that may damage your computer, property or equipment and accept no liability for any such damage including, without limitation, damage to the operation of your computer. You should take your own precautions in this respect by ensuring that you have installed reliable protective software.
30. We do our best to provide uninterrupted access to this Website, but we do not guarantee it and accept no liability for any failure to do so.
31. We reserve the right to assign or subcontract any or all of our rights and obligations under these Terms to a third party.
32. Nothing in these Terms shall be construed as constituting a legal partnership or joint venture between you and us.
33. These Terms will be governed by the laws of England and Wales and the parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.